My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Suffering? Really?



For to you has been given the privilege not only of trusting him but also of suffering for him.

Just when I think I am doing so much better trusting the Lord with my life I come across another scripture where I am reminded of how being a Christian doesn't exclude me from suffering and hardships.  What is wrong with this picture?  Isn't being a Christian supposed to be all butterflies and rainbows?  You mean real life happens to those who surrender their hearts to Jesus?  Wow!

The fact is that God NEVER lies or deceives us.  We say all the time that we want to hear and know the full truth but in reality we really only want to hear what we desire to hear and nothing more.  The truth is sometimes harsh and cruel.  The truth is sometimes a reality we don't want to deal with because it isn't easy or enjoyable.

This scripture is a great example of God telling us the truth.  He wants us to know what is coming our way.  We have not only a "privilege" of trusting God but also of suffering for Him.  What?  Suffering for the Lord?  Why have we got to face that?  I have one answer and that would be...JESUS!  Think about it.  Jesus trusted and suffered for His Father so why wouldn't we be okay with doing the same?  I mean, Jesus DID die to save us from an eternity spent in hell, right?  

Suffering is never something we would choose but I can't think of anyone else I would be more willing to do it for.  If Jesus can save me, protect me, provide for me, bless me, and love me, the least I can do is trust and yes, suffer for Him, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment