My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Saturday, March 7, 2015

How Much More


...what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Matthew 7:9–11

Caregiver, when I read these scriptures written by the disciple Matthew, I knew I must share what the Holy Spirit shared with me.  I fully envisioned caregivers.  First, we see a picture of a son asking his father for bread.  Many caregivers, much like myself, find themselves caring for a sick child or child with a special need.  Are we not going to do all we can to help them?  Will we not give them what they need to be the best they can be?  Sure we will!
 
Next it shows the opposite which is actually giving our children something harmful when they need our help.  We would NEVER do that so why then would we ever think those thoughts against our Heavenly Father?  I must be honest and admit that I struggle with doubts and worries constantly and for no good reason.  I know the faithfulness and the pure goodness of my Lord yet I allow the outside voices of the world orchestrated by the enemy himself to blur my vision.  
 
When I read verse 11 I am reminded that as much as I desire to provide and care for my daughter it can NEVER compare to what God feels for me.  I am brought to tears for this type of love and thoughtfulness is beyond my comprehension.  God is our ultimate caregiver and His desire is to care for you.  Never lose sight of that.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment