My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Step In the Journey

Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. And Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him down there. The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
Genesis 39:1–2
I can imagine that after all Joseph had been through up until this point in his story, he thought that God had surely brought him into a blessed place.  He was no longer treated as a slave in Potiphar's house but as the head of the household.  The scripture states that Joseph was "a successful man".  For a time I bet Joseph thought he had finally made it.  What a disappointing moment it must have been when Potiphar's wife began to chase after him and then after being rejected lied about him.

What a horrible day when Joseph was accused of making sexual advancements toward Potiphar's wife and thrown into prison.  How could this have happened if God was with him? He must have wondered, "Why did God bring me to this place if wicked people were going to come against me?" Well, I wholeheartedly believe that everything in God's plan, good or bad in our eyes, is meant for good.  God used Potiphar's wicked wife in order to take him to the next step in his journey.  Had he not been falsely accused and thrown into prison. Joseph would never had ended up interpreting Pharaoh's dream and become the second in command for all of Egypt.  

I believe the theme of this story is true in each of our lives as much as it was for Joseph.  God is with us all the time and we experience His favor upon us wherever we go.  At the same time, things are never perfect.  Things have happened to me that I cannot understand. for I knew I was where God called me to be. Remember, being obedient is NOT easy.  God will allow things to go in what we feel is a bad direction in order to redirect us to a place we would never had never dreamed of.  He will allow evil or wicked people to enter our lives in order to push us to levels we would have feared even attempting to reach for. had things continued to be a bed of roses.  So, the next time you know you are in the will of God BUT are still mistreated or even persecuted, smile and get excited for God may be about to move you to the next step in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment