My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, July 6, 2015

Judge Him Faithful

"By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised." Hebrews 11:11


I absolutely love the miracle of Issac's conception and birth for it shows off the amazing power of the Lord not only as the Creator but also as a very personal God.  You see, when He promised a child to Sarah it was impossible in the natural yet Sarah had faith and believed God would bring about that which He said.  Sarah longed to be a mother yet nothing "she" could do made it happen.  I can relate on so many levels with the story of Sarah for I find myself having similar conversations with God when He places promises and things He wants me to do in His name on my heart while I know full well I cannot accomplish them under my own ability and strength. 

Don't get me wrong.  I am stubborn and I try to do all I possible can to "assist" God with His plans just like Sarah did, but to no avail.  When Sarah gave up trying and allows God to use her as His vessel she witnessed her promise from the Lord become a reality within her life.  God tells us to rest and wait on Him all throughout His Word, yet we struggle and remain frustrated when we need not be.

I ask you today to join with me in making a conscious effort to grow a spirit more like that of Sarah when she released it all to God and waited in faith for His promise to happen.  There are many promises God has spoken to me and I must learn to faithfully wait for His time and His plan.  Sarah judged God faithful and she was proven right.  I long for the same to be said of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment