My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, June 8, 2015

Power In a Whisper



"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Yesterday on the way home from North Carolina back to Virginia, my husband Brian said those dreaded words every caregiver hates to hear, "I don't feel good."  We immediately stopped due to him feeling nauseated in order to give him medication for nausea.  While doing this our 12 year old daughter became very upset and began to cry thinking something terrible was happening to her daddy and begging us to go to a doctor or the ER.

I immediately shifted into caregiver mode and reassured my daughter while trying my best to assess Brian's situation all at the very same time.  Did I mention I had a dog in the back seat, too?  Better to laugh than cry, right?  Well, as I entered back onto the highway for still another hour before reaching our destination, I asked Taylor to pray for her daddy.  She did and Brian began resting and waiting for the nausea to lift.

What I loved was during the hour ride I would hear Taylor from time to time whispering, "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus" aloud.  I have taught her that when the enemy, the master of fear, hears this name he must flee.  What a sweet sound that was to this caregiver and mother's ears.  During a very fearful moment my 12 year old was calling on the name of Jesus to fill our car and help us all.

We did make it home and by the time we reached town Brian's nausea had lifted.  He told me after we were alone later that he all of sudden felt sick and the only way it lifted so quickly was the Lord.  He knows and I do too that there is POWER in the name of Jesus especially when it is spoken by a frightened 12 year old little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment