My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Burdened or Favored?

Luke 1:28(TLB)  

Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Congratulations, favored lady! The Lord is with you!”

I believe most caregivers view the role they have been called to do as a burden when in reality it may be the way in which God is showing His unimaginable favor.  Mary, the mother of Jesus, was called by the Lord's messenger angel, Gabriel, to become one of the most famous caregivers of all time. What a blessing to us all that she willingly accepted this as favor instead of a burden.  

A few weeks ago, my daughter with great compassion, shared with me that she felt very sorry for Mary.  I asked her why.  The response was, "Mama, she had baby Jesus in a really bad situation and then had to watch Him die on the cross." You know, my daughter was right. Mary agreed to be the mother of Jesus knowing He would one day be sacrificed for the world's sin.  She not only held her son but held her Savior.  

When God calls us to do something big for Him, we MUST see it for what it really is.  We are being favored and not burdened.  At first it may seem overwhelming but if we trust in God completely HE will be able to do all things through us.  Whether it be caregiving, a new job, or even a new ministry God will never leave you and will guide you through each step along the way.  

I do not know about you, but I believe Gabriel is saying to all of us, "Congratulations, favored child! The Lord is with you!"  Just like Mary, we can move ahead for we stand in the assurance of God himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment