My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This morning I found my mind wandering and spinning.  Instead of waiting on God with patience, I was contemplating how I could help my present situation.  I was thinking of all the ways in which I could speed things along for the Lord.  Maybe there were things I could be doing to help Him, I was thinking.  I knew that God had called me to work part-time and then spend the rest of the time on our ministry, but maybe I needed to be rethinking this and finding more work so that we would have some extra funds.  Waiting on God to provide was getting a little scary.  I was coming up with all these different plans when I heard a text message come to my phone.  When I read it I was stopped and amazed.  My friend, Beverly, had no idea what I had been doing that morning.  She told me that while she was praying "Be still and know that I am God" kept coming to her.  God then spoke my name to her and she immediately sent the message to me.  Wow!  God was telling me to stop!  He was tired of what I was doing.  He had to get my attention and He sure did!  Later I heard this song and it just touched me even deeper.  Listen to the words and know that all God wants is for us to stop and trust Him.  Why is it so hard?  Do you ever feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment