My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

He Knows

I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Revelation 3

I and my husband have been doing an amazingly eye-opening Bible study this week by John Ortberg entitled "All the Places to Go".  It deals with the open doors that God presents to us each day and the choices we make when He does.  Pastor Ortberg shared Rev. 3:8 early on and it has made a lasting impression on me for only now has this scripture, which I have read numerous times, actually penetrated my heart in a personal way.  And that's exactly what I love about the Word of God for it is living and applicable to my life TODAY and it was written thousands of years ago!  

God knows our deeds or actions and He begins with this as to say, "Okay, Jessica, I know all about what you've done, how you think and the person you are, but guess what?  I am going to love you and do some amazing things through you anyway!" 

 Our Lord uses the word "see" which is powerful for He wants us to stop, look and really take notice.  Growing up when my parents were very serious they would always say, "Jessica, look at me when I am speaking to you." That in essence is exactly what God is saying here.  Then He tells us an open door or opportunity or decision has been placed before you that no one can shut.  I love how it shows God remains in complete control even when it seems the world around us is in complete ciaos. 

Finally God addressed the "elephant in the room" when He says "I know that you have little strength".  Some would see this as an insult but not me.  I see it as a complete relief that my God understands I cannot do it on my own or without His help.  I think its wonderful!  And then just like an awesome parent, God ends by saying I am doing this for you because I have seen your efforts in keeping my Word and not denying that you know Me.  Remember, God began the scripture by saying He knew our deeds which included both of those things along with tons more!

Don't underestimate God and what He can do through you.  Yes, we are all messed up and broken and yes, we all have little strength BUT there's nothing to fear or worry about for we serve a God who says, "I know and I've got this.  All I need you to do is trust and obey."

No comments:

Post a Comment