My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Monday, November 25, 2013

How Did God Love You Today?


I wonder how many days pass us by that we never really stop and notice God showing specific acts of love toward us?  I am completely guilty of this or I wouldn't ask you!  Today, I stopped long enough to see several simple yet powerful ways God chose to express His love to me.  

First, I found out this morning that during the Thanksgiving holiday week at Liberty I was able to park directly in front of my building instead of walking my normal one mile trek! This was especially wonderful since it was 23 degrees!  Later in the day I found a penny on the floor of a classroom where I was a participant in a training session.  For over a year now when I see pennies I am reminded of God's promises and love due to my dear friend, Gena O'Neal.  Later in the afternoon, our entire library staff was treated to wonderful snacks and again they were two of my favorites which were cookies and hot chocolate!  To make it even better, the hot chocolate was from Panera Bread!  When I packed my things to return home this afternoon, I realized once again, with a smile on my face, that I didn't have to make my mile walk, which is all uphill in the afternoon, but instead only had to walk across the parking lot to my car.  On my walk I stopped to take in the beautiful Christmas tree and tress that were covered in lights along the road in front of my building.  I love Christmas lights and they evoked happy feelings and memories.  Upon going through the mail, once I was home, I found a card addressed to me.  I opened it to find a note of love and encouragement from my sister, Maxine.  It just said that she loved me and was praying for me.  What a great way to end my day with a love letter from God!

Each of these simple experiences today could have been overlooked or even ignored but today I took the time to see each one for what they were.  Each was an example of how God showed his love toward me in a specific way.  I encourage you to notice these acts of love within your own day for it will humble your heart that God actually loves you so much that He takes the time to do special things just to make you happy.  I also challenge you to find ways in which you can be the vessel God uses to show His love to another like the card my sister sent me in the mail.  Simple acts can equal amazing results if we only allow Him to use us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment