My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

According to All That Is Written



"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." Joshua 1:8

I had somewhat of an epiphany yesterday when I picked up my Bible to find a scripture God had sent me during the day in a devotion.  It hit me that each day as Christians we enter the battlefield as soon as we awake yet we forget or even hesitate to read and remain in the ONLY weapon that will ever see us victorious.  I love that Joshua tells it like it is because it's exactly what this girl needs!
He tells us that God's Word should not depart from our mouth.  I interpret this as meaning that you can only intelligently speak about a subject for which you are well read.  The Bible is no different.  Joshua says we should "meditate" on the Word of God both day and night.  What?  You mean we should be thinking about what the Bible tells us all the time?  Well, that would mean that the Word would have an effect on all our actions, which is what living like Jesus seems to be all about!

What I absolutely love about my God is He never asks of me without blessing me in abundance and beyond anything I could ever imagine.  It says if we know the Word, speak the Word, meditate on the Word, and actually do what the Word says, God will make our way PROSPEROUS and we will have good SUCCESS!  What more could we want?  God is so amazing and loves us so much that He actually loves to do special personal things for us.  He gains pleasure by giving us the desires of our hearts when we are living for HIM and living in His Word!

If the Word of God is our weapon, our protection, our road map, our comfort, and our promise, why don't we want to automatically do the things this scripture mentions?  Why don't we read it every chance we have during the day?  I'll tell you why.  Because we are human and focused on the world we live within and not focused on the Jesus that lives within us.  Let's pick up our Bibles and be victorious!

1 comment: