My Daly Outreach Ministries

My Daly Outreach Ministries

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Overwhelmed

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

This past Thursday I was completely overwhelmed with the circumstances that swirled around me like an out of control storm.  My emotions ranged from angry to sad in a matter of minutes.  Things that normally would never have bothered me got on my last nerve!  Have you ever felt like this?  If not, praise the Lord!  If so, thanks for being honest because we all have. Ha!

When I felt I was about to break down I sent a message to a co-worker and friend asking if she would pray for me.  In only a few moments after sending the message I heard a knock at my office door.  in walked my friend.  She said only a few words before I burst into tears.  The beauty was that she not only hugged me but prayed over me.  She asked God to cover me with His peace which He did immediately.  

Jesus tells us in the book of John that we will encounter trouble in this world, which I do all the time.  But He also tells us that He has overcome the world!  So when I feel overwhelmed I must remember that I serve the ultimate OVERCOMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment